Thursday, June 6, 2013

Technology and Me

The other day Lori over at   Joy Unspeakable    mentioned that she got a new Kindle Fire for Mother's Day. Now I'm over 40 so I shouldn't get envious over other people's gadgets, but I must say ....

I try to think I'm content and I think, for the most part I'm a good example to the people in my house.

You see, I like gadgets too, I used computers when we talked about DOS prompts and floppy disks...came in 2 sizes back then. Screens came in 2 colors ...black and green  or black and brown...256 colors was amazing!
My first cell phone was larger than my purse!

but somehow I didn't keep up

This is what my cell phone looks like now....

That crack in the screen happened when my leg and phone.....hit a tailgate on the pick up truck. When I took it through security on my way to China, the TSA guy winced when he looked at it. Hey it works! I can even text on it...just not with two thumbs and I can't swipe my finger across the screen to answer the phone.

I also got a little green back when mini-vans started having sliding doors on both sides of the vehicle...and they had buttons to push and the door opened or closed!  Oh and they had clickers! (My teens told me not to use that word...makes me sound old)  but they are clickers!  to lock and unlock the doors.
I told my husband that I want  mini-van with 4 doors before we don't need it anymore. At that time Shekinah wasn't even on the radar....well mine anyway.

Well I got my mini-van with the 4 doors and the clicker...I had to pass on the button to open and close the sliding door though...ah well  two out of three.

Brings me back to those Kindles....smart phones....I think I would like a screen that I'm supposed to touch...not one of those that just gets fingerprints...and dust.
Well maybe before they come out with phones that you just look at...and they know what you mean...brain waves or something.

Actually, I will just borrow Zeke's Galaxy Player and swipe across that screen a few times, then go back to being a good example.

1 comment:

  1. So funny!! I have an ancient cell phone too. And I love it so much!! I don't plan to give 'er up for another five years! :)

    But I do looooove my Kindle. :)

    ReplyDelete