Saturday, May 22, 2010

More Questions

I don't know if Big Sister's questions prompted the questions from Little Sister....

This week we were on the way home from dropping off the school kids, we were following
"Timothy's" mom.

Little Sister asked "Was Timothy a baby?"

I said," Yes, everyone was a baby at one time, even mom."

"Which orphanage was he in?" (can you hear my inward groan?)

(light voice) "Oh... Timothy wasn't in an orphanage, he was born into that family." or did I say-     " that is Timothy's birth family."  (hard to remember)

"But I didn't stay with my birth mom, I got to go to an orphanage, then you came for me."

"Yes God  told us that there was a little girl that needed a mama and daddy."

A delighted voice from the back says, "and that was you!"

Then she changed the subject....

At supper she told her daddy about the conversation, almost word for word.

Big Sister stepped in with, "Where is my birth mother?" ______(girl at school) says she is dead!"

Thankfully DH was there and took over while my "sizzle" calmed down....He told her to ask what birth mom looked like and who she was,                          if she knows  about her.

We did tell Big Sister again that we really do not know if her Birth Mom is alive....she probably is, but we don't know for sure.

We have been adding a prayer for both additional sets of parents in our        night time prayers...

BTW the above photos have no connection to this post...really! 
The one of the 5 kids was taken at the National Zoo... can't get them to all pose at the same time!  The other just happened to be on my computer when I snapped a picture...thought it made a neat picture.


1 comment:

  1. Wow, your conversations sound alarmingly similar to ones we've been having with Lucy lately.

    Love the pics!

    ReplyDelete