Monday, February 20, 2012

Short Orders

I like to do small jobs too sometimes.



 The boots were fun, the pattern was complete and all the fabric was selected and designated (these pieces for the boots, these for the stars) I listened to a book on tape and made that sewing machine whir! 


 The red and white "Spools" is not my normal quality. Someone bought some patches at a sale along with some scraps...someone's UFO. I'm always intrigued by packets like that...what did the original seamstress have in mind...did she lose interest?...run out of time?
 And why did she cut the triangles like that (extra bias edges)? The seams were not consistent, but I wasn't getting paid to re-sew each one...so I did what I could- Actually turned out quite nice. 
No mom, the seams don't all meet and I cut off some corners.

No comments:

Post a Comment