Friday, January 24, 2014

And Then She Said...

The picture has nothing to do with the post...well that is, except for the subject of the post. Here she is, drawing "sock monkeys"....the picture sort of evolved from the original square "circle" with eyes in the corners to this....lots of sibling suggestions helped this along.

Anyway, tonite she came to me very seriously and felt her little hand along my fingers and said "mama when will I get some like this?"
I was a bit startled, because so far, she hasn't really mentioned her hand difference.
I was a little slow in answering and she put her hands on either side of my face,
"When I get big mama, then will I?"

Through tears I told her that God made her hands perfect and she has enough of fingers.

Dear Lord, please give me the right words because I'm sure there will be more conversations like this one.

We were at school most of the day today making hot lunch for the students, I have a feeling she was doing some observing.

5 comments:

  1. Oh....poor little sweetie pie. I hate that for her! She totally is perfect just as God made her and I'm sure as time goes along, He will give YOU the perfect words to encourage her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, that's so hard but it sounds like you handled it just right. At our house every few nights when I'm putting the kids to bed, I'll whisper this affirmation in their ears: You are special, you are loved, and you are perfect just the way God made you. My son is too young to understand it but my daughter loves hearing it.
    Amber at OurCharmedLife.net

    ReplyDelete