Sunday, January 15, 2012

Lucky Wednesdays

This weekend has been interesting. I am trying not to talk too much and
rest my voice, but of course it seems that people need instructions
repeated and obscure sentences translated....like..."Please bring the
laundry up from the basement and sort it in the garage."
Anyway I realized I have an invaluable asset in my house ...normally
known as "nosy girls"....but now I can look at them and indicate that
they repeat my instructions....the same thing works if I give
instructions to a girl. Usually there is a "nosy boy" in the vicinity
that can repeat my instructions .
This evening I made the comment that I don't have to run the household
anymore... because there is one child



 (here she is trying to control how fast the cookies disappear)
that can repeat each phrase I normally say.
She said "yeah, when you are old I will take over."
DH asked if that is when she puts us in the nursing home she keeps
talking about...
She replied "yeah, I'm going to work there on Wednesdays, that will be
your Lucky Wednesday."
At least I know she will come to visit me....

3 comments:

  1. Aren't you lucky!!!!

    I hope you feel better soon!!! No fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lucky you!!! OK, your blog has me cracking up today and I needed some laughs. Way too stressed over here!

    ReplyDelete