Thursday, January 5, 2012

"You Did that for Me Too?"

When we filled out the LOI forms for "little one" I pulled out Joe's
paperwork to compare some info. Joe noticed the paperwork and recognized
his name and immediately wondered what was going on.
I didn't see the first reaction, but daddy said there was definitely
worry in the voice and face.
So we started making it a point of mentioning the paperwork we are doing
and adding "yeah, like we did for Joseph and Hope and Faith"
Last night we were talking about a certain form and the fact that our SW
will need to visit again. Joseph said "oh for me" I told him "no, for
the new adoption, yours is finished"
"You mean I am your childrens now?"
I promptly informed him that he has BEEN "our childrens", but his birth
country likes to find out how things are going.
I mentioned that we had to ask Ch*na for permission to adopt again and
of course the question "did you have to ask for me too?"
I KNOW we talked about it before, but I said "Yes!, we had to say
PLEASE, may we adopt Gao Liang?"
I pulled out the letter that is included in every dossier and left him
read it. In the letter there is a sentence that says "we promise to
never physically abuse or abandon this child" He wanted to know if
"abandon" means to "hit me" I said "no, the physically abuse" is "not
hit you" the abandon is to never leave you.
He said, "but I dreamed that you did...in the restaurant."
He had told us about the dream before, wonder what else will come out in
the dreams....?
But we ended up looking through the pile of paperwork from his dossier
and I think he was impressed that we went to all that bother. No, Joey
it was not a spur of the moment notion.
I have noticed that Hope is paying close attention this time too. Her
Family Day is tomorrow and we need to do some celebrating.





No comments:

Post a Comment