Friday, January 6, 2012

Nine Years Ago!

In a far away place, we got our first look at each other. Well not really, I had gazed at a sober faced little girl for 6 weeks and wondered and worried....

She took to us like....well just like she knew us....didn't even cry just gazed....(she did her crying later)
 She taught me about bottle feeding....
 About dragging your "newborn" all over the place "touring" and having old ladies come up and tuck her little hand inside her sleeve, even when she was sweating bullets.

 That trip taught me that you can miss someone dreadfully and you can focus very hard and get through each day....but we took as many kids as possible on the next 2 trips.
Now look at her!
We celebrated with everyone going out for supper and then later we sat on the sofa and looked at the scrapbook of the trip. We let whoever wants look at it.
She loves to hear her story, BUT ever since she was very little this day is hard. She has a reaction to her book (the scrapbook of our trip)...at first I didn't really understand it and thought it was just bad behavior. But I've come realize the book awakens strong feelings that she does not know how to handle and tonite it was shown in "Is Faith touching that corner...did she wipe a boogie on that page!?...I need to sit between BOTH mommy and daddy!"

Eventually Faith was in tears and I could see Joe deciding if he was going to react. So we talked, I'm not sure if it helped Hope, but Faith and Joe seemed to be feeling better. I debated if we should even look at the book this year, but I think it is necessary and she is doing better each year. In two months we will pull out Faith's book and see her reaction....

Any advice?

1 comment:

  1. Aww, I love the early pics...and how beautiful your little girly is today. So precious!!

    Can't say I have any advice to offer...you've been on this journey much longer than I have! But I'd love to hear what others have to say.

    ReplyDelete