Sunday, July 29, 2012

Family Camp out

Each year my family tries to do a family camp out.We set up tents in our front yard and try to do as much of the cooking over a fire as possible. Sorry there are no pictures of Fri night's feast...I was too busy licking my fingers!
Fire bread
chicken breast
sausage,
potatoes,
corn on the cob
cucumber salad
home made icecream
pies
fresh fruit
You get the idea....trust me it was good and I didn't want to get my camera greasy.
The thunder storms came early in the day and skirted north of us later in the day. God was gracious. Last year we had a flooded front yard and a flooded basement- so we cancelled.

 Totally forgot to get pictures until Saturday AM...these are the previously sleeping beauties. They slept in one tent. Their dear uncle told them that too much noise attracts bears, so they should be a bit quieter. Then a thunder storm rumbled to the north and dropped a little rain...but they all stayed snug in their beds!



 Cousins playing "what's your trade?"
And our monarch hatched....

1 comment:

  1. looks like you had a fun time,Chris! Grandpa and Grandma even got involved. That biggest girl on the walk,if she doesn't look like you!Is she your little brothers oldest daughter?..oh my....Erma

    ReplyDelete