Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Knight in Shining Armor




I need to write about my Knight in Shining Armor. Not sure he'd approve, but any way. 
The other day he noticed that my washing machine was leaving a puddle on the floor. Me, being me, figures- as long as it works- who's to worry about a little puddle? Thank goodness he looked, the pump was leaking and our dear washing machine does not like leaks...in fact she will kill her computer if she has leaks.
We decided to buy one more pump for $130 vs go shopping and buy a brand new washer for $1000.
Got the pump- they are so easy to change, but when they add a new fangled fuse to prevent shorts in your computer....well they add a new twist...after much testing and slopping in wash water, we came to the conclusion that the new fuse was already shorted out...
Thank goodness for his common sense and perseverance. He did mention that praying over washing machines doesn't hurt either.
I told the girls to take a good look...that is the kind of man they want to look for.
Faith thought she would like one with more hair!





The best story came early this morning. Around 2 AM I got up to use the bathroom and thought I heard something at the screen in our bedroom. But at 2 AM it has to be a moth right?

Around 4 AM after DH had got up to start his day, I suddenly heard more scratching at the screen and felt something plop on the bed right beside me!

My eyes flew open and I saw (no glasses) a very big moth flying around the room....
but
something did not look right with this moth's flight pattern!

A BAT!


I know they are almost harmless

BUT 
I flew out of the bed and remembered to close the door behind me

Thankfully DH was still home.

He didn't hesitate long...I heard some thuds from upstairs

someone came flying down the steps and out the front door.

DH calmly walks into the living room twirling a towel...

just threw the towel at the bat...down it went

Rolled it up and took it out the door.

Still not real sure how it got in, but any noises at the window....

I'll wake DH!









 

1 comment:

  1. I got the Knight in Farmer Armor! :P He's pretty special, too. :)

    ReplyDelete