Thursday, October 18, 2012

Orphanage Visit

-->
Not really sure what to say about today, didn't even get to go through the pictures yet. I want to wait until Shekinah is in bed.
We had seen a little boy in the photo album we received from the orphanage and noted that he had a deformed ear and side of face...not sure if it is amniotic banding or a cranio-facial thing. Anyway we also knew that his name was "Tiger" . As we pulled into the pink courtyard of the orphanage, there was two ladies and a little boy that was unmistakeably Tiger.  I had been praying that God takes care of this visit. I did not know if the foster mother would be coming to the orphanage or not. I had not specifically asked either way. I know there are two schools of thought about visiting with foster parents again this close to adoption. I had the feeling that our driver did not think it a good idea and Mrs Wei was not saying one way or the other.  I just prayed that God  take control of the situation and not allow harm  to this little girl.
So when we were met by the two ladies, I took a deep breath and pasted a smile on my face.  Quan-quan took a glance around and yelled Ni-ni!  She went right to her arms. Ni-Ni was a whole lot younger than i thought she would be, well dressed and not looking like a Chinese grandmother at all!  She told us that she told Quan-quan every day that her mama and baba were coming soon. She  talked a lot to Shekinah, she even convinced her to give me a kiss.
We toured the empty orphanage, all the children are in foster homes or boarding school.
Then the visit came to an end and the crying began and I really was wondering if we had made the right choice.  Foster mom had brought me a professional photo of Quan-quan and her grandson and I gave her a Chinese Bible and a small photo album of our family.
Shekinah screamed as we drove away, she was waving bye-bye too though. About 10 min down the road she stopped crying and we went on to enjoy a full Chinese meal with the orphanage people. We were the center of attention and thankfully Shekinah made me look like a good mom. Slurped greens from my inexpertly held chop sticks...they brought Cari a fork, but did not bring me one...(score!) They fussed over my family pictures and of Cari's family photo. (Ten children!)

The ride home showed me a new little girl, she was jabbering and saying "Ni-ni smile" in Mandarin and grinning away while she did it (????) She was a handful and I'm not sure how this plane ride is going to be....maybe some Benedryl?   No, I know the negatives, but...
Then off the notary...there was one incorrect number on the paperwork (their mistake not mine)  so we had a few moments of wondering what the  frowns and phone calls were all about.  Paperwork corrected, fees paid then off to find a stroller.
After looking in multiple shops we ended up at the Carre-Fore. Found the stroller of choice...199 RMB  and finally back home.

Bought some chestnuts on the street, found out we don't really like them...I did promise some food pics to some of you, so maybe I can do that after I figure out how to get little one off to bed before I'm falling asleep.

Tomorrow is the short plane ride- practice run for the long 'un



Chris Weaver
www.shallrunandnotbeweary.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment