Thursday, October 4, 2012

Preparations

As of tonight we have in the freezer:

2  meals of General Tsao's chicken  and 2 bags of rice
2 meals of roast beef with gravy   (need to make the potatoes)
1 meal of pulled pork   (needs rolls and salad)
1 meal of chicken fingers (needs rolls and salad)
1 meatloaf (needs mashed potatoes)
1 burrito meal
2 meals of beef barbeque for sandwiches
2 lasagnas

one meal from DIL
One meal from Grandma
one meal of eggs and toast
one or two meals of spaghetti

made pizza rolls tonite  (not my pic)  they are YUMMY! Hope said she could eat them for four days in a row!



We have had one break down of sobbing on Saturday

We have had one good conversation about how life changed when child #6 came home. How life will change again when child # 7 comes home. 

Discussed some coping mechanisms
.
Conversation spiraled to "my brother had more control over the family when he was 12 than what I'm allowed"
Probed that one a bit...translation "I'm not allowed to boss my sisters the same way that I perceive my brother was allowed to"

Had a conversation about being content and "how can you expect me to be content?"
 "No dear, we do not expect that for QUITE awhile, but we/you need to work on it"

Had a short discussion about if everyone gets equal money and land when we die. Oh and if a family adopts a child and then has one born to them..."who is the oldest child?"

I assured the child that I don't plan to die for quite awhile and they should not expect a big inheritance because we don't have much....oh I forgot...we have LOTS of land....yup that six acres is just the right size for everyone to build a house on it.

3 comments:

  1. THAT was a marathon discussion-they're worried about #7 because it messes up the exact acreage, eh? Impressive freezer tally, by the way. You'll end up heading to China for a vacation at this rate :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your freezer-meal planning abilities! And the pizza rolls look amazing. My kids would love those!

    Definitely link up some recipes for me sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chris, you just keep on amazing me. wishing you GOD blessing as you travel.

    ReplyDelete