Sunday, October 21, 2012

Sunday in Guangzhou

Some pictures to show a bit of our lifestyle these days. The pictures of course are out of order on the blog because I can't get on blogger in order to arrange anything. But the pictures include our supper at Pizza Hut on Sat evening. She likes mushrooms, but not tomatoes...a little bit of cheese and the flavor of the meat, but not the chewy parts.
You can see pictures of the hotel lobby...it is huge! Very hard to capture it on our cameras....the wall behind the registration desk is a carving the place is beautiful and quite a few notches above our normal living standard...but they tell me this is where they want their families to stay...

Outside on the hotel grounds there is an amazing waterfall with a little pagoda at the top. The koi are fat and hungry...I don't know what they would do if you would fall in.  Shekinah was fascinated by them, but as you can see she studiously avoids smiling for a posed picture. We can capture the smile when she is acting silly, but she does not like to smile at me in public. Her fingers are usually in her mouth or her nose, but I'm trying to work on the important stuff right now.
Outside on the streets and in the hotel lobby it is a close to a United Nations convention as I'll ever see. We are here during the Trade Show and we have probably seen every nation on God's earth...today a man got on our elevator and in very good English asked where we are from and "what's with the round things on your heads?"  I asked him where he was from. He was from Sri Lanka. ( I did answer his question briefly too) Then as we were going on the elevator later two men accompanied by a bell boy and their luggage got on and the one man had a long white tunic and loose matching pants. Met another Mennonite lady- a grandmother of a little one being adopted (last name of Helmuth from WY)

But on the one street there is alway a couple of beggars, the man playing the erhu and using the clappers appeared to be blind...there is  an armless man and today I saw an older girl with Downs Syndrome and another time a lady sitting with a 20-ish y.o. boy that appeared to be physically handicapped.

Well it is time for bed, I'm hoping for a whole nights sleep...Miss Quan-quan had a night terror last night that lasted about an hour..not sure what to attribute it to, but it is never any fun....even if you know what it is....

Thanks for your continued prayers and comments are nice :^)   chris.ray.jubilee@hotmail.com



Chris Weaver
www.shallrunandnotbeweary.blogspot.com

3 comments:

  1. Great pictures, Chris! Sounds like your little sweetie-girl is fitting in nicely. She's so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Been following you Chris!! I love your heart and what God is doing with your sweet family! And every time I see the Garden motel I get all nostalgic...i want to visit China again so much....now that I know so much more about the country. Oh, my heart!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so happy to see the picture of the Garden's lobby. Our trip didn't go as planned and I missed taking a picture of the nicest place I'll probably ever stay at. :P
    I'm glad to hear that things are going well.

    ReplyDelete