Saturday, January 5, 2013

Ten Years and Change of Plans

 This morning I had my day all planned...well you know how that goes.  We were going to welcome  this family to our house for lunch. I was going to use the rest of my day to cook a 'hot and cold dish' for a family reunion tomorrow.  Somewhere after the chili was in the crockpot, but before the pumpkin scones were baked, Shekinah came by and was patting my leg. I picked her up and ...you know that feverish feel...
( We had a few dogs for awhile and they get warm noses and their fur feels funny, but people feel different too when they have a fever)

Anyway I called our guests and told them...they decided to see us the next time they are in town. Actually Anna I must confess it did relieve my mind so I could just sit and hold her when she needed me. While the fever meds were working she was happy...in between...not so much. Not sure what is causing the problem and since it's our first round of illness with this sweetie, not sure how it will go tonite.

Then the red letter portion of today!  Ten years ago we met Hope!  She chose to go to Mc Donald's  for supper. Yeah, I know, we don't have real high expectations around here. But it did mark the first time Shekinah had an ice cream cone...too bad she didn't feel good enough to eat it..

We decided to buy ice cream and eat it at home.



      You can see how enthused S was about her ice cream


                      


  Tomorrow I have to find the meeting day photos and post them, she is growing up way too quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment