Sunday, January 27, 2013

Where's the Pause Button?



That thought has been running through my mind quite a bit these days. Somehow I feel like we are at the perfect time in our lives. I know that my children might not agree, but I feel like life is almost perfect right now.

Our eldest is happily married.

All of us that need jobs, have them.

 We are all relatively healthy.

The taxes aren't due yet.

In a few months Ben will be graduating (May is only a few months away) Then he will enter the REAL world. You know, the one with a full time job or more school or ?

At the end of this year we will have another driver in the house...at the VERY end of the year. I am praying that the DMV office is closed between Christmas and New Year.

In a few short weeks, Joe will turn 13, somehow that  makes him so much older. So little time to get him ready for the real world.

Hope is poised on the brink of being a young lady. I've not shared my house with a teen girl yet. They tell me it could get interesting.

Faith and Shekinah are just at their perfect stage of being young, plenty of time to teach them before they are out there on their own.

I like life just the way it is.

I guess I could look at it another way...it could get better....maybe I'll look back at this post in a year and laugh at my shortsightedness. 

I hope so.

2 comments:

  1. Awww! I feel the same way! Well with the exception of wanting to get our newest one home and then PAUSE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Chris! Long time no visit! ;) Our old computer crashed and i lost so many of my contacts. Today i went back to some of the comments sections of my old blog to try and find your blog address...it worked :)
    i completely agree with the fact that all seems right with the world at this point in time. There are just a few things i would like to tweek. For instance, our older son is up in Wilmington, DE as the pastor of Grace Bible Church Wilmington...i'm happy that he is there, i just would be happier if we were closer...but God is sovereign and i will rejoice in His will for our lives!
    Good to find you again...i will enjoy catching up on all that i have missed in the past months!
    Terrye in FL

    ReplyDelete