Thursday, October 3, 2013

Life Lately

Life around here seems to go from all-out crazy to plodding...I was going to say boredom, but 
I know this household cannot be boring, at least not to me.


          Last week Shekinah was bear hunting in the garden her weapon was a bubble shooter!
                                        No "concealed carry" permit needed

        I didn't get pictures when she was using the six-shooter rubber band gun. Since we couldn't find enough rubber bands I used the bigger hair bands. It took about 30 seconds to unload and about two minutes to locate all the ammo again. I am trying to make a quilt so anything is worth a shot. (pun intended)

 Why is it that no matter how much over-time hubby manages to get, the Dis*over bill is just a bit higher than I planned?  We budget using two check books...hubby figures out how much of his paycheck is needed for electric, phones, insurance, tuition,savings and taxes and puts that in one check  book.
And certain amount gets deposited in a 2nd checkbook for gas,food, clothes and other household expenses. I try to contribute to that with my quilts and CPR classes. Well either we are eating too good or a little Miss Somebody is seeing that I don't make too many quilts.  This week I decided to see if I could make up the deficit by getting up at 4 AM and working an extra hour while people are sleeping since staying up late is not nearly as productive. I found out I'm not nearly as tough as I wish. I made it only 2 mornings, I realized that there are about 2400 little triangles to be sewn together plus the bigger pieces...I borrowed from the other fund...It will get done...but not this week!

 I mean, I needed to stay awake to run to Phila on Wed for Joe's new legs. Gotta get a picture of them too...He just kept the carbon fiber exposed this time...they look like snake skin!  He's happy with them and I think this is the first time I would say he stands more level, his toes point properly when he walks and he stands straight. He also grew a whole foot size in one day! He was not impressed today when he needed to dribble the soccer ball in a timed test.  I told him that is why I didn't push for bigger feet before this.
close-up of the pattern sheet

       The neat thing about having kids at our "advanced age" we could babysit my younger cousin's daughter because she is the same age as Faith...here they were timing how long they could be quiet.

No comments:

Post a Comment