Thursday, October 10, 2013

INCREDIBLE!

That moment your 13 year old begins to realize, no matter how old he is, what position or job he has, there will always be SOMEONE (even other than God) telling him what to do.

This journey of realization started last week one day.  I had told Faith to clean up some blocks and she put them in Shekinah's sand bucket. This started a very sleepy girl to whining "I want my bucket, I want my bucket!"  I ignored the fuss knowing that it was bedtime and what she needed was a bed and not a bucket!

Very wise teen-ager was observing, "but mom it IS her bucket."
 "Yes, I know, but it doesn't matter right now."

"but it's her bucket."

(repeat about 3 times)

Finally I told him to mind his own business, I'm the mom and she needs to go to bed and HE can put the blocks in another box so she can have her bucket. (not my finest parenting moment)

As I was getting Shekinah ready for bed, I heard "wise one" in the kitchen questioning daddy "I don't get why if it is her bucket, she can't do what she wants with it."

Do you know where the bucket is?  Just setting in her room, no one is playing with it, no one even wants it!

Last night, he came home with a question for Ben.
Side info: Matthew's dad= Ben's boss, owner of a plumbing and electrical firm.
                Riley = Class mate

"Ben is it true that Matthew's dad is going to be working for Riley's dad?"

" Yes, that is very possible."

"but isn't he the boss?"

The incredulity on "young man's" face should have been recorded on film. (I know we don't use film)

Thus began another conversation about "no matter who you are, even the President has people telling him what to do"

I'm not sure he believed us yet.

There has been some great "Quote of the Day"-s  but I can't remember them!

1 comment:

  1. Can't wait for a certain 5 year old to reach that level of understanding. Oh things he will do when he is all grown up and no one tells him what to do!

    ReplyDelete