Sunday, November 12, 2017

Prayers and Guarding My Tongue

Just one short church service and a lot to ponder. Our Sunday school lesson was on prayer. Our teacher challenged us with a few things but this one stood out to me. George Mueller kept a diary of his prayers and their answers. Supposedly he recorded "a million-and-a-half"answered prayers. Of course the question that popped in my mind was "What was the half-answered prayer?" My mind didn't catch that there were 1,500,000 answered prayers. I guess I need more sleep.  But really, what about writing down all your prayer requests and recording their answers?

Then the sermon was about guarding your speech, all the stuff I already know about that,but find difficult to put in practice. I recently read a mom's advice about dealing with tough situations with angry children. She recommended a pause before you answer them. So much in life feels like you need to give an immediate response. "Don't make people wait." "Get a move on!" And then in the EMS world "Every second counts!"  But in answering taking a few seconds to take a breath before answering...no not the deep inhalation that happens before you blast someone! The breath that calms you down first.

So it sounds like my week ought to be plenty busy.

And just in case people actually read this and don't just look at the pictures, I am doing a blog book review introducing Dorcas Smucker's new book. It will include a give-away so check back tomorrow.

I was going to try to do a 100 word review of my week, but gave that up...I can't remember much of what happened this week. I'll check my camera pictures and see if I can tell.
Now I remember...Mon night we were invited to celebrate National Adoption month with Pressley-Ridge at Science Factory. The girls enjoyed it. It was not very full so you could check out each station without being pushed. 
Not the greatest picture, but she figured out how to wrap her hands around that rope and lift the bowling ball that was attached to the other end. I was impressed.

I was also impressed when we returned home to find the dishes washed.
Thanks Joe--well I had asked him if he please could.

Removed all the left-over wool fuzzies from a wool batting (quilt stuffing) catastrophe
and put the quilt in the frame to be re-quilted.


Parker got in some soccer practice, and learned that you need to have your shoes tight or they fly off when you kick! 
Hudson was very good for grandma, even took a bottle and ate baby food!

Met some friends that I previously only "met" on Facebook.

And found out that little someone was playing with my phone.
Ben and Jana were here for supper last night and "the boys" ended up playing "The Bean Game". Found out that I need to prep a bit more food if I want left-overs when I have six teens sitting at my table.---Well that was more than 100 words, but then I'm still working at talking less.

No comments:

Post a Comment