Sunday, November 26, 2017

Thanksgiving Dinner- cont'

Zeke made rolls...

and decided they couldn't just be plain blobs of dough.
I must confess I helped him figure out how to do the kaiser knot, but he did most of them.

Somewhere along the line this little Mennonite girl showed up in my kitchen.

Shekinah made three-layered jello. We of course added whipped topping before we ate it.

Daddy got up at 3-something AM and put the turkey in the oven.
Stuffed it with onion, apples and some lemon thingy.
He even de-boned it before church!
Oh and he made the gravy.

Zeke played some upbeat tunes to keep everyone moving. 

Ben mixed up dressing/filling whatever you call it- under supervision.

Shekinah did a pickle dish.

Faith added the blueberries to her fruit salad


Hope's chocolate cookies beside the cheese cake.

BTW the cheese cake was this one and was better than last year's.
Demetrius brought mashed potatoes and I missed getting a picture! He said he did make them on his own--mostly--he had to keep shooing Glenda away. He said she was like a fly!
Grandma and Grandpa came too and we had a grand dinner.
Notes for next year: We could use about 8lbs of potatoes for a meal, we had enough but no left-overs.

Parker even tasted "dead bird"  in order to get some jello.
After everyone went home--grandpa and I went to Toy's R Us to do some shopping.
I'm not telling what we bought- but it was a big box.

What am I thankful for?
Family
Easy-going older kids
who added great daughter-in-laws,
healthy and cute (I am NOT biased) grandsons,
My parents who could come and enjoy the day.
A day without  "fits".
(We have come a loong way.)
School starts again on Tuesday.
I found a pattern to make crib sheets out of double bed sheets.



No comments:

Post a Comment