Wednesday, June 2, 2010

"Notice of Action"

On Monday, we got a "notice of Action"...basically a receipt notice of our I-800 paperwork....maybe we will soon see the "real" approval from US*IS.  I am also waiting on an answer from our agency as to the in-country lodging and tour fees...we need to decide how many kids we can afford to take along, I'm actually considering sending DH and 2 of the boys and staying home, but I'm not sure I can do that! Also not sure if we can leave the kids home....we will have to wait and see what the Lord provides.

We received updated photos of our son a couple of days ago, when I looked at them I realized something had changed quite a bit....the other pictures we have show a little boy with his feet wrapped in bandages/cloth for footwear.  The pictures we have of his feet show there is no way he could really wear shoes and keep them on his feet.
DH was trying to come up with a shoe that would protect his feet and be comfortable until we can see the surgeons. Anyway when we got these pictures -He is wearing SHOES!  I talked to our agency and asked what was going on...did he have surgery?
They informed us that they had "fake feet" built according to his size and age and he puts on some socks and then the feet and then the shoes... I am very curious especially since it does not look as if he is putting weight on both feet, I hope he is not in pain...
Underneath I am wondering...when we put our goals on our LOI, I put down something about him being able to wear shoes and run like other children...did they think my only  goal was the shoes?  I sure hope not!

1 comment:

  1. i think you will get your approval soon...oour mutual friends who are going to get their second son got a 'notice of action' first then the real deal a short time after...you will be traveling before you know it! but you definitely can't send DH by himself! someone has to be in charge!

    ReplyDelete