Sunday, June 13, 2010

Trust Issues

I realized yesterday- I'm having trust issues....When we started this adoption process I blithely told my mom, "If God wants us to take all the kids along, He will provide a way."  Great trust for a scenario months into the future.
Now we are getting close to the date....We received our I-80* approval on Friday. That possibly puts us within 6 wks of travel....most likely will be 10 wks, but MAYBE....
But God does not see fit to lay out His plans clearly in front of my nose....I like to have things taken care of, planned out, in black and white.
Well now we are within weeks and I still don't have a clear picture. We received the price sheet from our agency, keeping 4 kids in 5 star hotels for 17 nights is a bit expensive.(to say the least). So we have these options:

Mom and Dad go and complete Chi*a's part of the adoption, leave the kids at home and Dad go home after those first 7 days and take care of the kids at home  OR do the reverse, but dad doesn't do paperwork willingly.

OR Mom and Dad take the entire trip and maybe take one kid, BUT there is not a long line of baby-sitters to take care of the 4 or 5 at home....I know- you should think of these things before you go off doing a hare-brained thing like IA.
                                                               OR....
Our agency allows us to make our own plans, if we have been to Ch*na before, they will see that we get to the important appointments at the right time, but otherwise we make our own arrangements through Beijing Women's Travel. I think it
sounds like a wonderful idea....possibly even affordable.

But now for the trust...
Do I trust myself and an unknown person at a travel agency to make plans...what if I forget something? Will someone pick us up at the airport? Six people don't fit in one taxi so what if we get separated? What if the hotel is gross? I got a few e-mails from people with ideas and suggestions...BUT I don't even know them...Can you see MIL's face when I tell her I am making plans for her sweet son and his beautiful children based on recommendations from someone I don't even know?
My mother has a tiny bit more faith in my common-sense,but not much. :-)
Does God want me to go ahead and make the plans and let Him handle the details!?
But!!!?

         So please pray for my brain these next few weeks...    
  that I can see a plan that works for our family and that will leave everyone safe and cared for....and not give any grandma's a heart attack.

4 comments:

  1. Faith could come and have a very extended playdate at our house

    jen

    ReplyDelete
  2. All things will work out. We for sure did not plan on traveling this late and we still don't have "who" is watching our kids for the entire time due to schedule changes. It is hard to let go and trust, but that is what we are doing with this adoption!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I forget what province you are traveling to . . . but I have an extensive list of business contacts and friends and I will be happy to check any hotels you want. I will tell you I traveled to VN with no photo of my referral . .little info of my oldest daughter . . .talk about faith - talk about trust. I stepped on a plan to VN . . .all the reseverations were made through a travel agent not my agency. I am well traveled and you are to - to Chi*a and you will be fine . . . it will be all fine. If you do it yourself you will have so much support around you b/c there are always people adopting . . and you will have a check list provided by your agency and they will be on call via email and phone. Take the leap and trust in the Lord . . maybe he is sending you the signs. . .eyes wide open my friend. Diane

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh, I wish I could help, but um...yeah, no. These are good questions. Let's pray that the answer comes in a REALLY obvious way.

    ReplyDelete