Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Firsts...

Today my brave new son had his first dentist's visit. He was not very enthused about it and when he finally sat on the chair he held his hands over his mouth.
I got out the translator and started talking.
He was worried about "pain"
Big surprise...isn't everyone
I hesitated to assure him "no pain" because I wanted to be entirely truthful and how did I know if he had sensitive teeth?
So I told him this is very important and bad teeth cause pain.
He consented finally and we discovered the reason for his discomfort in eating some things...he has about 5 loose teeth!
He carefully guards them and does not wiggle them...I have no idea what he was told before.
We even got x-rays and everything looks good with only "a watch on #14" whatever that means.
He even got his teeth cleaned, but I drew the line at the fluoride treatment...he was finished sitting.

Then we went to McD*nald's for lunch...hopefully he doesn't get the idea we do that every time we go into that town....

4 comments:

  1. Awww poor thing! I have been trying to check in to see how things are going! Welcome home by the way & Congrats! He seems so sweet & adjusting so well! What a perfect fit for your family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey, go with the bribery! a little mcdonald's never hurt anyone :) so happy to finally meet your new son today..he is a special little boy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad there are no problems. McD's works wonders sometimes. We can never do the flouride, that is my bribery to even get her to the dentist!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the new list of pictures by the way!

    ReplyDelete