Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Ten Year Old Tycoon

The new fun game at this house is Mon*poly. At first I just hated when they pulled out this game...the language barrier...the arguments...the competition....

I am guilty of hiding the game a few times. Not very well I'm afraid.

The last few days there is hardly any language barrier when it comes to playing. He can read most of the cards well enough to know if he is getting $100 or needs to pay $100. If he is suspicious that it is a bad card and no one is looking he will slip to the bottom of the pile and pull a new one. But all in all he understands the rules pretty well.
I figure it is helping his math, reading, and English. We have added "yes sir!" "double" "jail" and others

Last night big sister and youngest brother started a game and left it lay until this morning. After I dropped the big ones off at school. He decided that the game must go on.
Little sister, came to me and asked "why is brother talking to sister and she isn't there?"

Anyway needless to say his number of properties increased very quickly and his pile of $$ did the same....
I came in to take the picture...he said "wait mama" and quickly lined up all the money and property deeds and then posed for the next picture.


Meet the American Dream....it also involves 10 yo-yo's and a  blue bike helmet with matching knee pads, a car that climbs walls, a watch and a whole list written in Mandarin.

1 comment:

  1. Adorable. My son went through a phase this summer of loving it-until he realized that sometimes I win. Then he accused me of not being fair :-)

    ReplyDelete