Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Learning to Know You

You have good memories of popcorn...translated means "exploding corn flower" makes sense.
You told me to add salt...let it pop a little more then add sugar.  "Very Good!"
       we need to try that
You told me "in China, much with one money"   (can buy a lot of popcorn with little money)
No microwave popcorn....smart people...it's much better in a kettle.
   
You left me pull a tooth last night, you got a quarter for it. (sorry we aren't rich)
    But what happened tonite? Mama and daddy will not pull a tooth unless you ask us to. I thought you understood that.
You drew me a picture of your China house...there were two...one for cold days and one for hot days.
The one for cold days seemed big, but you said "just downstairs, no up"
The house has scallops (wooden?) along the roof line, the roof was red and there were blue lotus type flowers painted just below the scallops.

I am taking the Social Workers advice and am backing off on "lessons" and concentrating more on drawing...explaining feelings (gotta work on that)

Today was a good day...at least I thought so until tonite...I'm still confused.
If anyone knows of superstitions about loose teeth or pulling teeth, please let me know....he has 6 loose baby teeth that he is alternately protecting and complaining about.

No comments:

Post a Comment