Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Well That Was Interesting!

Yesterday I wanted to deliver a belated baby gift to the neighbors and
the girls and Joseph wanted to come along.
As we walked in the freezing cold Joseph told me that his foot goes
sideways when he runs. He demonstrated for me. I told him to concentrate
on walking properly.
As we got to the end of the drive he said "mama, my foot is loose!"
I stopped to look and sure enough it looked like it was a bit wiggly. I
said we will need to tighten that after we
deliver this gift.
Well we walked a few more steps and I could see that it was not a good
idea to walk further.
Now our drive is about 500' long and I'm thinking..."let him stand there
until I run into the house?" "It's freezing cold!
Oh wonderful-- I actually had my phone in my pocket....something I
hardly ever do. Called Ray and told him to come and get Joseph. As he
stepped into the truck his foot fell off!!
Thankfully I have a handyman husband, and he got out the allen wrenches
and reattached the foot...we think the bolts never had been tightened
properly...hopefully it doesn't happen at school.

Later in the evening Joseph asked daddy "do you like money?" I'm
thinking...."careful daddy"
Daddy says" yes I like some money"
Joseph: "If your house goes 'pong' what would you get first?"
Daddy: " I would get my kids and wife, then go back in for my money."
So I had to ask "Joseph, if the house goes 'pong' what would you get
first?"
He looked sideways at the girls and said "my sisters"...." I couldn't
carry mama or the boys and daddy"
What a kid!









3 comments:

  1. oh he cracks me UP!
    so glad that daddy can fix feet! hey we are going to Shriner's on wednesday so if you need to tag along for a foot adjustment, let me know :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweetheart :-) Sounds like he has a great outlook on...everything!

    Ruby

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a funny guy! I expected him to say his foot!

    You have to laugh when your boy's foot falls off in the driveway-who has that happen?!

    So so glad that Joseph has y'all and that you have him. Precious family!

    ReplyDelete