Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Learning More

Tonite Ben was baptized and that brought a new round of questions from
Joseph.

I don't know about other churches, but our bishop says "I baptize you in
the name of the Father, the Son and the Holy Ghost"
On the way home Joseph asked about...Father, Son and "what is it?"

DH tried to explain the Trinity in simple terms and he mentioned the
Father sent His Son to earth to die for our sins...and since Joseph had
just told us that his favorite 'verb' (we must pronounce more clearly)
is John 3:16 I knew he followed that....then DH said that the Holy Ghost
came to help us after Jesus went up to Heaven....

Joseph burst in...."I didn't know that one! I didn't hear that part!"

I need to investigate more...but did we leave out the most important
part of the Gospel? Did we get to the cross and forget to finish?! We
were reading the Bible stories, then he told me he read them all and
thought he doesn't need to listen...these truths need to be told again
and again. We forget too easily.

Good News Sonny....Jesus didn't stay dead!

2 comments:

  1. We were reading about Jacob and Essau when Grace asked when we were going to have to go sacrifice an animal. I explained that Jesus offered Himself up as our sacrifice on the cross. She said, "Phew! Cause I don't know where we would find any sheep."

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear you on this.

    I sometimes wonder if he is getting it, but I myself forget that the Holy Spirit is here working in his heart, in all of our hearts! And He is much bigger than we can fathom.

    Hugs to your family, Leslie

    ReplyDelete