Friday, March 11, 2011

We Violated Customs...I Think

Is it a violation of Customs if you bring home a bug, but don't know
that you did?

I don't actually think it was alive...at the time.

It has been making its presence known for sometime, but we didn't
realize it....

This morning after a rough start....Youngest Brother was in the bathroom
brushing his teeth and said

"Mom, something in my ear!"

I looked and it looked as if his ear had finally regurgitated a hunk of
ear wax....I carefully removed it....

This time I wasn't joking when I told him "Joseph you have a bug in your
ear!"

He claims his foster brother put it in his ear in the
orphanage....knowing that his brother was adopted a few months before he
was.....that thing was in there at least a year?? Could that be?

Anyway it looks like a beetle and has one spot on each wing...never know
what surprises we will have.

That smoothed the tension and he decided he would pack a lunch after
all...this time he asked for help instead of yelling at me...

2 comments:

  1. Okay, I get lots of Asian wax out of my kids ears, but never have I got a bug out!!! That is gross yet funny.

    I got bit by something the other night and freaked out that I brought bedbugs home from China. It has been a phobia of mine. I washed all our linens in hot water and then bagged them for a few days. However, after talking to our local mattress company I realized I must of got bit by something other than a bed bug form China 6 weeks later!

    Hope to see you next month!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh me, oh my! I don't want to bring one of those home. :( A violation of customs? Ha ha.

    ReplyDelete