Monday, August 1, 2011

Life in These Parts

That wheelchair is getting many miles on it and not from the patient!
Thank goodness for big brothers and little sisters that play games.
Grandma sent a "flower" arrangement.
Tonite we had the first episode of phantom toe pain "felt like an ant
crawling on my toe and I tried to move it and my leg "popped "
First tears in days, gotta start somewhere, he has been so easy-going
ever since the surgery....well, except for when the nurses flushed the
IV site...that requires open mouthed wails...
anyway- the easy going-ness is a bit unusual....maybe it is relief.

2 comments:

  1. Love the sisters and brothers who entertain! Love the sweet grandma who sent such a cute arrangement! Love that things are going better than expected!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying from afar and missing everyone's sweet faces. Oh, Chris-I wish we could have tea (or coffee) just now and sit at the table. I don't even think we'd have to talk-wow. I'm sorry I missed the big day-we'd just gotten out of the hospital ourselves with Younger Brother. Friend, wish I could bring you a big pot of soup for your sweet family. Praying for Youngest Brother's pain and confusion and the swirl of emotions dealing with all this. It's a lot for anyone to comprehend. Thankful that you all are family.

    With hope,
    Anna

    ReplyDelete