Monday, September 17, 2012

Countdown

We are on a countdown.
I don't actually know how MANY days  I am counting, but I know that today it is one day less.

Sometime this week (please Lord) we will get a phone call or an e-mail saying

"we have your TA (travel approval)"

I am busy trying to organize my thoughts, and my life for a two week absense

I have a list, but it keeps getting lost. I saw someone was practicing their cursive handwriting on it tonight.

The list says:

School hot lunch for 105 people (most of them teens)
    35# of chicken cooked
    200 egg rolls, rolled
    25# bag of rice waiting
    for Friday

Buy web cam
   (bought and actually installed and it works!)

Make dresses
     (made 3)

Meals for freezer
   (about 4 finished)

Figure out gifts for officials

Finish Adoption News (my newsletter for Mennonites and Amish families)

can/freeze pumpkin

dentist
Doctor (for what my mom calls a 'well-baby' visit)
Mammo (won't tell you what my mom calls that)

Teach 2 or 3 CPR/ First Aid classes
Take girls to dentist
Teach Faith to pack her own lunch (I know...)
Teach Faith to allow Hope to comb her hair

Make a blanket for Shekinah's bed (guess she can use one of the many that we have, but it won't match)
Make/find some hair pretties for my newest little girl! (hopefully they didn't give her a haircut)

Ok I'm tired now, I'm going to bed.

2 comments:

  1. Oh wow that is a lot of work! But HOW EXCITING!
    When I was a girl, I knew A TRIO of sisters who were named, "Faith, Hope and Charity". They could all sing really well and on Sunday nights, sometimes they'd sing, "Have Faith Hope and Charity, that's the way to live successfully. How do I know, the Bible tells me so!" :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is such exciting news. Just reading your list, I think I need a nap. Hope you hear soon, and can't wait to follow along. The ones at home will do fine.

    ReplyDelete