Thursday, August 8, 2013

Through the Stomach

They say the quickest way to a man's heart is through his stomach....I suppose it is true with mothers and sons.
I am hard-pressed to figure out what to feed my 4 or 5 children ( I can count, it's just that some days one is working) at lunch time. Leftovers would be the best solution, but I'm having trouble getting leftovers! When I have enough for another meal I quickly freeze it so it is exactly that...another meal. I don't like to make them eat sandwiches over the summer because they get tired of them during the school year. Also these last four of  my children much prefer hot food unless of course it is a sub with all the expensive sandwich meat.

Somehow the tomatoes look like carrots...but
So today I planned ahead a little and cooked some rice about 11:00.  Then around 11:45 I heated oil in a pan, put down a thick layer of rice and left it heat/brown.  Mixed up about 7 eggs and added 2 tsp sesame oil, stirred that up. I gave the rice a quick stir and poured the eggs over the top...while that settled in a bit I peeled tomatoes and snipped chives....gave the rice and eggs another couple of stirs, added the tomatoes, a bit of sugar (cuts the acid or something) and the chives...heated everything and called the troops.

I added cheese to mine, Shekinah threw her tomatoes onto my plate but the others ate their weight...yeah the white kids will eat this too, but they don't CRAVE it .

No comments:

Post a Comment