Friday, December 13, 2013

And It Didn't Cost a Penny!

Yesterday when I was making bread, Shekinah hopped up on a chair and "cooked animal crackers in a frying pan on the cold stove beside me. At the time it was a life saver, but I realized that it would have to be a rare experience.  I put on my thinking cap...the older girls had a plastic play kitchen,but it was so big and just a bit too wobbly that it wasn't real enough, they didn't play with it...we threw it out.
But we did have a good sturdy (Fisher Price) work bench from the boys, today I brought it upstairs, cleaned it off, dug out some little kettles that I had stored away because I just don't use them. I searched the drawers for some similar utensils and viola! she has  kitchen.


She even put a doll in her shopping cart and used it for a high chair.
We will see what kind of mileage we actually get out of this, but the best part is...it didn't cost a penny!

No comments:

Post a Comment