Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Conversations

So the other weekend big brother told his siblings that he has a  date...with a girl....
At first the reactions were of disbelief  as if their big brother would betray them in that way....
then there was intense curiosity, who is she?, what does she look like?...is she the one with glasses or without?

"so what did you say when you asked her"
"It's really none of your business", says big brother superciliously.
She persists, "but I need to know, so just in case a guy asks me, I know what he is talking about."

I have a feeling life will not be calming down for quite some time around here...between the new baby questions and the girlfriend observation....oh my!


Monday, I got a phone call from Ben asking "what should you do if you drilled half-way through your hand?"

"whose hand?"

"Umm, mine."

I figured if he had the presence of mind to dial my number it wasn't too bad....

It was a 3/8" drill bit...no it wasn't bleeding too bad.....yes he had feeling all around each of his fingers....yes he could move them....no there doesn't seem to be much to stitch back together....oh and we are at least an hour away.

so we did the next best thing..."tell your co-worker to take a picture with his phone and e-mail it"

Within seconds I had the picture and he was telling the truth, nothing to stitch. ( I will spare you the picture)

God was in the proceedings though, they didn't have all the supplies they needed to finish the job and he was home by 2:30 and we soaked the hand. So far, PTL it seems to be healing nicely.
We wrap it well with "duck" tape every morning, and he wears a work glove over that. It keeps the bandage in place pretty nicely....  gotta take a picture of that for the archives.

No comments:

Post a Comment