Friday, July 29, 2011

HOME! Day #3

We brought him home just after lunch time today. He was ready.
The first thing I noticed was not so much his casts, but his hand! The
swelling has gone down and his hand looks all together different. Not
sure why it was still swollen...I thought that was the normal size, but
after today his fingers look more pronounced.
Anyway, he slept a bit on the way home. He rested a bit on his bed. I
noticed the same phenomenon as the last time. I was trying to make
supper (not paying attention to him) and EVERYTHING needed attention. I
left him know that he needs to read a book for 20 minutes so that I can
concentrate on supper. I think I will need to assign one of the
siblings to occupy him in some way, when I need to work.
That is why there is a picture of him playing frisbee with the siblings.
No he didn't catch that one, but he did get a few.

I think he will need quite a bit of occupying in the next 4 weeks.
All in all, though I'm impressed with how well it is going so far...see
if we can sleep tonite.

2 comments:

  1. amazing! so, did Dr. Kozin do grafts on his hand? how long does he have to wear the fixator?

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad he is home! He looks great! Bless his heart going through so much! Love these kids that persevere!

    ReplyDelete