Monday, July 25, 2011

Prayers Please!

I CAN'T wait for tomorrow to be over! I know it is not good to wish
your life away, but it is hard to keep this positive note in my voice,
smile when I don't feel like it...

Today he said "my feet look funny, but I like them."

I know , I know....me too...but they make me hurt to look at them.
Everything in me wants to help him to walk straight, a firm confident
stride.
Today he left his prosthesis off for most of the day and insisted his
feet felt better that way....he usually prefers his 'fake' feet, so I
will assume it was the mood.
I was so worried we would have a blow up, but we made it through the
day, I didn't have it in me to insist on too much of anything, so I just
left him to do what ever he wished.
Now tonite after he is asleep, I wish I would have made him run out the
driveway, shoot a couple of baskets, kick the soccer ball...do "this
little piggie" one more time. "If wishes were horses...beggars would ride."

Intellectually, we all know this is the best solution to his feet and I
have to hold on to that.

Yesterday, I printed out Psalm 23 and Psalm 121 for him to memorize. He
would like to be on quiz team one day with his brothers. I told him
these are good verses to start with...today he managed Psalm 23:1-3 "The
Lord is my Shepard (sheffard mom? why shepherd?) I shall not want. He
maketh me to lie down in green pastures, He leadeth me beside still
waters. He restoreth my soul. He leadeth me in paths of righteousness
for His name's sake."

Yes he can even manage KJV!

So prayer request list:
Calmness for Joseph tomorrow...surgery scheduled for 9 AM
Steady hands for the Dr's and nurses.
That I may forget all the negative possibilities from this type of
surgery..in other words
That mom doesn't worry too much...
The grandma's they are doing tag team for the next few days.
The kids at home. Hope's stomach hurt all day. (worry I think)
Calmness and little pain for the recovery period

2 comments:

  1. Joseph and your family are in our prayers today. Please keep us posted! Audrey

    ReplyDelete