Sunday, July 3, 2011

Travel Group

 Travel groups - we are people who would never have met- we come from many different walks of life-the only reason we met is because of an appointment we shared in a far away country. God orchestrated our paperwork so that it left our agency at the same time and again when there were four files in the same orphanage.

You hear horror stories about travel groups...

But ours was/is wonderful. We met in each other's homes a few times before we actually had referral and when the big day came.....then we all packed our bags and made that appointment...a little over 5 years ago.  There is something special about becoming parents on the same day. I am so glad our group 'clicked'.
Our families have grown since that day 5 years ago. Some of us have adopted a 2nd (or 3rd) time.  Our girls were all born with in a four week time span. Then came the most recent adoptions....guess what? They were all born in February! two of them on the same day!



Most of my pictures were a blur of missed shots....

 Here we caught some of the kids all in one spot

But here are the four girls that brought our group together.....Wonder if they will still be close at 16?

2 comments:

  1. You are very lucky. I had one travel mate. The third family dropped out of the program after our wait became extended. My travel mate and I got along well, but I knew right away that I would never hear from her once we got home; I never heard from her before we left. Any contact made during the almost three year wait was done by me. We live about 25-30 miles apart. Her mother and I have got together and we talk a few times a year (her mother traveled with her) but I don't even get a Christmas card from my travel mate. The only contact she has made is to send an email to me urging me to contact my elected representatives and fight for teachers during the budget axing of this spring (we are both teachers). It was an email sent out to a whole contact list, so it wasn't really a message to me. I'm hopeful that this time around will be different.

    Ruby

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sure hope so!!! I was just in touch with a mom from our travel group with Gio just today! There is something about spending two weeks with people in a foreign country!!!

    ReplyDelete