Sunday, July 10, 2011

Wild Week

This week started off with the 4th of July, was that really only 7 days ago?
DH's family had a small bridal shower for DS and his fiance

Then Tues around 5:30 PM we finally saw Joe wheeled into the OR for a
'short procedure' I was amazed at God's grace, Joe had not been able to
eat since 10 PM the night before, they had stopped all liquid by 11 AM.
He only started complaining about being hungry at 4:30, just as they
called us up to the PACU. He played video games in the waiting room the
entire time. Something that required two hands...do daddy got the one
button piece and when Joe said 'jump' daddy pushed the button. Did I
ever mention that Joe has a very good daddy?
Well the short procedure lasted 3 hrs. I ended up heading home because
we had not prepped the girls for an overnight and I knew that would be a
problem for whomever got the job. The next AM he came home in a bit less
pain than last time and we unwrapped his hand on Fri evening to see a
hand that is taking shape!
I blocked out the 'skin deficit' as we call it.
the first is a before picture...sorry it is turned sideways




Then as we were working on cleaning up his arm we realized that the
girls were very quiet. I went into the living room to find this.



4 comments:

  1. Hi. I am also part of the yahoo homeschooling group and am just getting to visit blogs. Your family is beautiful... I am always so encouraged to find other large, homeschooling families. I hope your son continues to heal from his surgery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I see fingers! cool stuff :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a pretty up week, though the girls are definitely down in the last photo.

    Ruby

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am amazed at the progress with his hand!!! How exciting for him and for you!!!!

    And BTW DS and fiance are darling!!!

    ReplyDelete