Friday, July 12, 2013

Vacations are Hard Work

Monday we went to Knobels, Tuesday, was spent with certain people in our house moping about. One was moping because her ride to VBS got cancelled...the driver's husband had a kidney stone attack. Totally one of those "facts of life".
Another of my children had a "belly hurts" and a headache, and a neck ache from the roller coaster yesterday. And felt dizzy everytime  an upright position was accomplished. OK, did we pick up a bug on Monday or is it post-vacation let down, OR are we concerned about the new braces the were to be partially applied on Wednesday?
Wednesday morning we were headed to the orthodontists office. I brought Shekinah and left Zeke to babysit.  Joe decided that the application of the back braces was such a breeze that they might as well apply all the braces since they had an empty chair for the next hour. So 2-1/2 hours later we headed home one of us with a mouthful of green wire. Incidentally, his stomach was fine and he was hungry, but now with the newly acquired wire...he can't eat!

In the afternoon we tended our neighbor lady's roughly 100 chickens. I should have taken a picture of Shekinah running around in bare feet through wet grass, throwing cheap white bread into the pen for the hens' treats. She took to that chore like a pro!

Thursday was spent moving slowly, finally staying home for the whole day and trying to figure out what kind of soft food to make. Blended a cucumber, sour cream, hot pepper, onion and ice cubes in the Vita-mix. I found it quite tasty...it made other people's stomach's hurt...too much foam. Fine I'll eat the ...drink the veggies.
Friday rolls around and hubby took a vacation day...well his vacations mean that he starts work at 4:30AM, works till 8:30AM, then comes home to work on barn repair etc.  I had to teach a CPR class, and was glad that the babysitting was taken care of.  Since we are going to a picnic tomorrow, I advised the troops that maybe the Saturday cleaning should be started today. Hope made a list and I told daddy to double check the assignments...just to make sure they are "fair".
I came home to find Joseph still hard at work (this was after lunch) and the others all assured me they were finished with their jobs. I did a little probing and found out that Joseph had offered to do a large part of the work. He said  "I'm doing what you said, keeping busy so I feel better."
Now that took all week.
 Monday we want to go on a short excursion again....you think I'd better plan a whole week of recovery again?

No comments:

Post a Comment