Wednesday, July 24, 2013

WWJD?

So yesterday, we had errands and as we were leaving the parking lot of smallish strip mall a lady approached.
"Hi, could you lend me $3? I need the money for the bus. I was here applying for a job, I've been out of a job for about a year and my mother just died a couple of weeks ago. When I was over at McD's I threw up in the bathroom , don't know if it was nerves or the heat"
Me: Oh? where were you applying for a job?
She: over at the Mc Donalds, but there's is all on line, the KFC, but now I need to get home.
Me: Thinking, yeah right! I do have cash in my wallet (sort of unusual) She's just gonna use it on dope, but no needle marks on her arms....what's $3  and what is the right thing?

So I gave her $3....she replied with "God bless you" and quick stepped off the parkinglot...she walked around the edge of the beer store across the street and we lost sight of her.

The previously quiet audience in the back seat erupted into questions.
"Why did you give her money?" (Joe)
"that was part of my allowance money!"(Hope)
"I don't think she was telling the truth" (all of them)
" Did her mother really die?" (Faith)
"She had such a big pocketbook, I bet she had money in there, you shoulda asked her" (Hope)
"Why did she throw up, can you really throw up from the heat?" (Joe)
"I think she got into a car" (Faith)
"What can she do with $3?" (Joe)

I told them next time I will turn to them since they have all the wisdom and ask them if we should give the person money and ask THEM if they think the person is lying.

I told them the only think I know for sure, she had a good story put together and she hadn't used a toothbrush in awhile.

At bedtime I mentioned her in my prayers, Hope jerked away and looked at me...afterwards she said,"why did you pray for her?"
"Because she needs it."

I have no idea if it was the right thing to do...I doubt the veracity of her story....I should have told her that I have some of God's money to give her (a la Pineapple story) I should've told her I need to pray with her first, I should've taken her with me into the UPS store and asked them if they believe her....
I should've had a tract to give her.

hey lady, I hope you try that again!  I'll be ready next time.

                       this moth has nothing to do with my tale...he just was sitting on our screen door last night.

1 comment:

  1. Jesus said Give to him that asketh thee. And he didn't give conditions as to when to give or not give.

    ReplyDelete