Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Quilt

Two friends saw this one in progress.
This is what it looks like when the top is finished. It still needs to
be quilted...not by me!

This particular quilt will be auction in September in Lancaster county
PA to benefit The Clinic for Special Children.
http://www.clinicforspecialchildren.org/CSC/Home.html

Each year the local "plain" people have a huge auction. The items are
donated and the proceeds fund a major part of the operating expenses.

It should be listed as the best tourist attraction in Lancaster county,
as you can find every flavor of "plain folk" represented in their
natural habitat....bidding at auction and eating :-)

Disclaimer: I did not donate my time to make this quilt this year...my
boss insisted she pay me for my work.

3 comments:

  1. tom tells his residents at the hospital every year about the auction and yes, tells them it is the best tourist event in Lancaster county. I have bought a few quilt/wall hangings over the years there. now i buy pies :)
    as for your quilt...WOW! i am getting a headache looking at it...your eyes are way better than mine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, this is probably one of the most beautiful quilts I have ever seen!!!l I am sure it is going to make lots of money for the auction. Your boss only insisted because she knew what a difficult quilt this was to make and that only YOU could do it so well!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is sooo beautiful quilt!! Sounds like you made it? Beautiful hues!! I'd love to have one too. If you wouldn't mind telling me how. :)
    I saw your blog posted on the adoption group, and hop over and took a look. I live in Northern Ut, and hoping to adopt soon. Trying to find ideas for fundraising and thought your quilt you made gave me ideas.

    ReplyDelete