Friday, August 10, 2012

Baby Gold peaches!

I had two willing helpers for about an hour into my canning chore yesterday. Faith soon got distracted, but Hope helped for quite awhile...took a break and came back to help me finish.

 These are supposed to be the best peaches for canning. BUT you can barely twist the two halves and to remove the stone you need a sharp spoon to slice the stone free from the fruit.
The peach is very firm and looked very nice in the jars. Four baskets will give me 48+ quarts for this winter.

2 comments:

  1. WOW! That is a wonderful harvest! :) We made peach jam with a friend a few weeks ago. It is wonderful!

    My daughter in law Ivy has my canner right now, as we don't have a garden this year. I want to start another one for next year, but my back has been so bad. I will need a commitment from the girls that they will take care of one. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i froze mine...i need to can some tomatoes but our tomato plants were a bust this year--have to go buy some!

    ReplyDelete