Tuesday, August 28, 2012

What I Learned this Week

 I learned that silk ties are sewn together with one long hand stitched seam and are very easy to take apart. Polyester ties on the other hand are stitched with two little stitches every inch or so. Those stitches need to be broken or cut. Why am I taking apart ties...well since everyone went back to school the days are a bit boring. Actually I'll show you one of these days.
I also learned that this does not make very good tortillas  at least not in the recipes that call for pouring the batter into the pan and cooking. Wasted about an hour on THAT recipe and went back to the tried and true flour tortillas. Actually fried them in hot oil to make taco shells they were good.
I think what this recipe should have asked for was masa harina which according to this article is a totally different product.  Time wise it was a very expensive taco meal.

1 comment:

  1. Brought tears to my eyes seeing these. I so can't wait to have the finished product, I really have been missing him alot these past few days. think I just have too much time on my hands since everyone is back in school.
    Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete