Wednesday, March 20, 2013

It's Spring!

The sun shone, the robins...well they sang their peculiar song...flowers ( little tiny delicate things) actually they are weeds, but they are blooming this time of the year.

Delight to the eyes,  I could almost ignore the cold breeze that swept across the yard.

Shekinah will love the flowers this summer...I might not have any on the stalks but, I think she will love the flowers.






This evening Hope brought up the subject of a DNA test again There was a time she wanted it for her birthday gift, but now she wants a pointer...like the teacher's...gum,  oil pastels...normal stuff.

We talked a bit about the DNA test and that I would like to get them done for the youngest four because of some of the medical info they can give us.  Joseph declared that he doesn't want his done. The firmness of his declaration sort of stunned me. We dug a bit further and the rest of the story came out.
"What if the information finds my mom (birth mother)?

Here I have one child that half hopes to find out more about her birth mother and another child who was very relived when we informed him that the chances of finding her in this way are almost nil.

Quite frankly, his reaction surprised me.

Then we went on to discussing trust...after someone told Shekinah to close her eyes and open her mouth and was going to put a piece of onion in her mouth.

Trust is still a foreign concept..."No, I still don't trust you."

Close your eyes, son and open your heart....

You know, but trust is so easy to break...mama's don't close their eyes and open their mouths either. Maybe there is more than one trust issue going on here?

1 comment:

  1. Hi. I found your blog by accident I suppose. I was looking up the word "ectadactyl" and your blog showed up.

    It's great to meet another beleive on the web. I don't blog much, too busy.

    But had to comment on yours, just to say "hi" and "nice to meet you".

    ReplyDelete