Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Why Do I Do This? part 1( I think)

The other week I couldn't think of much to blog about and thought maybe I should just scrap this blogging thing. Then I remembered that it keeps me paying attention to life in our house and hopefully I manage to write more memories this way.
Then the funeral of my brother-in-law.
We were sitting in the receiving line (is that what you call it?) and a lady leans down to shake my hand and says "I'm a lurker on your blog, I love it."  Sorry I don't remember your name...

Then last weekend I got an e-mail from someone who was referred a child with ectrodactyly. They had until Sunday to decide if they wanted to accept the referral. She was searching for 'real' information not the little bit of text book stuff that is out there. She found my by my one post labeled ectrodactyly. Shared our story, found out they really don't live very far away from us....and they accepted the referral!

Saturday the girls and I were shopping and a lady came up to us and asked if I'm the one who writes "Shall Run and Not Be Weary"  Another lurker and they are finishing paperwork hopefully for a child with limb difference.  Went to Pi**a Hut for lunch and to get the girls' free pizzas...there was one other family in there...and they were caucasian and their daughter was Asian. When the mother turned around I recognized another "semi-lurker"  she's the secretary at my Ob-Gyn's office and she had introduced her self one time when I was in for an appt. But this was the first time I'd met her daughter.

Those are some of the reasons I do this...
The other one is to keep it real...well sorta...I don't tell everything because parenting is hard...if we had a clue, the human race would have died out.  BUT God puts beauty in between the tough stuff

tight hugs,
belly laughs,
sloppy kisses,
"Thanks mom"
"good supper mom"
"will you look at this for me?"
"I love you mom"
"sorry"
tight hugs
belly laughs
sloppy kisses





Some one asked me the other day if I ever thought about what life would be like if we hadn't adopted.
Yeah, every now and then....
But then I think of all the things we would have missed




                                                   peas for breakfast



There are probably 1000 people that I know now because of our adoptions that I would never have met otherwise....yeah, I probably would have met 1000 different people,but I'm sure they would not have been as nice.

I think our bio sons are more well rounded people than they would have been. They would not have --held babies
-learned about the shrieks of their sisters
-seen the other side of the world
-seen the measuring and fitting for a prosthesis
-learned the art of navigating a wheel chair in this house
-learned the patience of teaching a differnt way to hold a glove, do a lay-up shot
-witnessed the determination of a 3rd year English speaker memorizing whole chapters of King    James' English Bible

To be honest, yeah, I might get more sleep, the house might stay cleaner, and I might not have to cook quite as much food.
BUT
I think life would be BORING!!


2 comments: