Monday, March 18, 2013

My Day

It's time to start typing the handwritten pages that have been submitted for the Adoption News and I knew this might be a challenge this time.
Shekinah has started just climbing around on my chair , picking stuff off my desk, falling off my chair and generally being very distracting when I'm trying to work on the computer. She keeps asking for the "buffano and alligator" video (The National Geo video that went viral)

Well, today she played!  She was playing with her sister's picnic set...that might have had something to do with it. I drank many cups of "schwey" (water for you English speakers) and ate ice cream out of cups with pretend thermometers. Ate many plates of "for you".  Po-Ko actually got fed too. (gotta post a picture of him sometime)

All this was after a nice long screaming fit over ...actually I don't even know what started it. If she needs a good scream, she will make sure it happens.

And I got 3 pages typed!



This evening I noticed one of the boys reading the dictionary...now if you have teen boys reading the dictionary, you usually check what subject they are interested in.

Well, turns out he couldn't remember what the first word had been...it was a word he noticed in the encyclopedia at school and he COULD remember it the whole way home

BUT when he read the definition....he couldn't understand the words used in the definitions.

So twelve (his estimate) words later he couldn't remember what word he started with.

Ya think?
Maybe we need to get us a simpler dictionary. (Actually I'm impressed that he now takes the initiative to look up words that he doesn't understand. Dont' tell him, but I keep using big words to keep stretching his brain)



 Oh and someone learned a new skill this weekend....called natural consequences... when you put wet shirts on a hanger and you don't straighten the collars....daddy won't wear them....and you have to iron them....I think we understand the value of the straightened collars....maybe....
Actually I think he enjoyed himself...dangerous equipment and all.

2 comments:

  1. We have a few of those same dictionaries! :)
    Oh Ironing... I wish I like dangerous equipment! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Chris. I just discovered this blog. Glad I did. I'd like to figure out how to get your adoption news magazine again. I used to get, from the beginning, thru email, but haven't received one for along time, maybe 1-2 years. What happened? I tried contacting you thru your email address. Have you changed it? If you want to contact me at lmj.4589@gmail.com I'd appreciate it. Thanks~ Lois Johnson

    ReplyDelete