Friday, March 8, 2013

My 1000-watt (what) Child



 Shekinah has recently started a habit of saying "what" to anything I say. I almost was wondering if she is hearing impaired....
that is, until I started answering "you heard me".
her reply, "oh, OK mama."  and she'd go off and do what ever I had been talking about.

It hasn't stopped her from answering with "what", but it has lowered my repetitions.
She is also responsible (I think) for the smudge that has been appearing on the right side of all my pictures lately...I cleaned the lens today...see if that helps.

The other night my brother and his family were here for supper. We haven't been together since Christmas, a result of them living 5 hours away. Here Brent and Shekinah are trying to decide the pecking order. Shekinah definitely was at an advantage on her home turf....plus she is 1-1/2 years older. Till the end of the evening they were shrieking and running around the house with the rest of the cousins.  That night "the girls were winning" (as Hope noted) because our oldest 3 were at Bible quizzing retreat and the shrieks of little girls were not absorbed by the body mass of teen aged brothers. Actually I think it is the glares of disapproval that tempers the normal shrieks of this household.
Oh and good news, Brent is recovering fine from his cleft palate repair yesterday.

I just had to catch this picture. Faith sat Shekinah on the bench so she could read her a story...
good training for kindergarten.




Speaking of Faith, she ordered school workbooks for Christmas, but it didn't take long until the answers were all penciled in....but that is what erasers are for....erase the answers and do it again.


1 comment:

  1. Our Analina (age 5) has been doing that...saying "what" or pretending to be dumb. We mama's do not like to repeat ourselves!

    ReplyDelete