Sunday, November 3, 2013

Sunday Morning


We inadvertently captured a bit of the rush that Sunday morning brings to this household. 
I forgot to get a family picture for our 1 year post-placement, the social worker called on Friday 
to remind me. So-- I informed the family that no one is leaving for church until I have a suitable
family picture...in this case, everyone looking and most of us smiling. After all, we are not sending 
a dossier to China, just fulfilling the photo requirement. 


                          Zeke was testing the lighting and making sure the camera had the right settings

I was quickly combing hair, the others were clearing up.


Unfortunately at the last minute someone noticed a magazine behind Shekinah's booster seat
I tossed it on the floor, thinking it wouldn't be noticed....
but I think we have a suitable picture.


THEN!

 I saw something I haven't seen in months! CLEAN DISHES from my dishwasher. We had decided that the dishwasher is just getting old and will need replacing we only filled the bottom rack and often I just washed everything by hand because it was such a pain to inspect each dish or rinse the crumby film that was left behind. Then the other day we noticed that the bathtub drain gurgled loudly when the washer started the spin cycle...then we started seeing water come out of the bathtub drain....eww yuck!  (just a side note our toilets are on a totally different line) but still....finally on Saturday DH had a chance to take a look...the pipe had lots of buildup of the same type of gunk that was building up inside my dishwasher....he remembered that about two years ago he saw an article in the newspaper about the phosphate free soaps causing problems with our appliances.
So I did some online research found this article and after looking at the costs of shipping dishwasher detergent, decided to see if I could find this product locally. Sure enough, they sell it at the paint stores and the stated use is washing walls before painting "to remove greasy sooty build-up".

I added about 2 tsp of the stuff along with my dishwasher detergent and my dishes have been CLEAN!

 and Praise the Lord!  the plumbing seems to be open again after a couple of bottles of draino. Now see if we can keep it that way..

No comments:

Post a Comment