Friday, November 1, 2013

Why We Still Get the Newspaper

So we can adjust dress patterns!

Hope out grew her dress pattern and there is NOTHING in any of the pattern books that is just a regular dress, you know, a skirt, a bodice with a neckline that doesn't fall off her shoulders and sleeves ...a very simple request I would think.  I ended up copying an old pattern from the school and I was delighted until I fitted the bodice against her...so short, mom!? So I added a piece to the waist then after I had the zipper sewn I realized that this dress is about 7" too wide for her!

It's a good think I know how to use a seam ripper!

Actually we still get the newspaper so we can read the comic pages and see news stories of things that happened days ago.  We almost cancelled it because  we could just read internet news AND read all the comics online, but that would mean the younger kids would want to be online too and I'm just not ready for them to be clicking all over the screen. Enough things "just happen" on the old computer they use for school work and games.

And it would mean that I wouldn't have any paper to make dress patterns!

Tonite I made "Ezekiel Bread" for our sub rolls it was a hit. Now I guess I will need to grind unusual grains and have flour soaking on the counter top overnight when I want to bake bread. Will have to decide if the extra steps are worth it, or only for special occasions.  You  can find the recipe I used here  for you local readers, I found the ingredients at Glenwood foods.

For months I've been copying and pasting my 2012 blog posts and photos into a file. I converted it to a pdf file and had it printed at the UPS Store. Shekinah loves 'reading' it...and we have been 'reading' a Waldo search book most every night before bed...she knows where he is on every page.

1 comment:

  1. I love reading a real newspaper! My parents still get it and I frequently ask them to save it for me...it's perfect for the kids to use under their picture-painting! So many good uses.

    I love that you are printing off your blog! That's so great! I should do that too. Someday!

    ReplyDelete