Tuesday, February 2, 2010

How Many Fingerprint Appointments Do We Need?

On Friday I was going to post the glad news that we got our fingerprint appointments. There was only the small glitch of two separate appointments, one for the 18 y.o. and one for hubby and me. Of course, Big Brother had the appointment on the 8th and we had ours on the 16th??! We had decided we would risk it and all of us go on the 8th, the office for fingerprinting is only one hour away.

Today we receive three more envelopes from the US*IS, I opened them with a sinking heart, thinking something must be wrong, but aren't those envelopes pink or something?

I opened them and guess what? We have two MORE appointments! Now we also have appointments on the 10th and the 11th. I finally found a phone number to call our case manager, but of course he is out of the office for 30 days and the person taking his cases did not answer…I left a message. The one thing I noted on this second set of notices is we have a different case number on these…trying to decide if I should be worried or not…guess I will chose …NOT.

I still vote we go on the 8th, armed with all the papers smiling so politely they will be happy to fingerprint us and get us out of there.

4 comments:

  1. YES, if I were you, I would take everyone together and ask they they do it ALL at once. Explain that you are adopting a waiting child and NEED your prints done ASAP. As you know, we have seen so much flexibility in CIS---go and try!!! It is definitely worth a try.

    Praying it works :)

    Adeye

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chris, Thanks so much for commenting on my blog. It sounds like we are right there together. I appreciate your encouragement and understanding. Your family are beautiful and you challenge me to get the job done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. the officer in charge at USCIS in Philly told us that computers spit those things out with the dates, so you should be fine to head to York on the 8th with all of them. We found the folks in that office very nice. Jen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just go in together- they 'should' do them all. We went in 3 weeks early of our appointment and begged them and to do them and they did ;0)

    ReplyDelete