Sunday, February 28, 2010

Will He Even Like Us?

This weekend I decided we will send a photo album to Liang even if we don't have LOA. Our agency said we could send one right after we received PA, but we felt there were so many hurdles to jump at that point. Now that we have US approval I decided to find some pictures to send.....

           Much easier said than done! Think about it, if you got to chose what your family would look like? What would you pick?
 I looked at our pictures, it took about 3 hours to find the "right" ones, do we look friendly?
Are there too many of us, will he expect a mansion?
Will he wonder why we dress differently than other American's he's seen? 

I really hope he gets the book before we come, so he has time to adjust his thinking.
Someone asked me the other day, "So you set up this blog to keep in contact with him?"  How I wish!



 
So we look friendly or sort of tired and saggy? The light was bright and I think we were squinting a bit.




  


 The boys thought we should send snow pictures, I think he has probably seen enough snow this year in Beijing.

 


Big brother is not very scary, his little sisters think he is very nice. 





 

  
Yeah we could add another one in this group




  

Do they look too silly, or just plain cute?






We are adding a bunk bed in the boys' room, but I don't know how to find that phrase in Mandarin. DH is building the bed. (You can't see middle brother laying on the floor on the far side of the bed)....I told him to get out of bed or lay real flat so he doesn't show on the picture, he chose to roll out on to the floor. In bed at 8:30 on a Sat. hmph!



 
The girls' wanted their room featured too.



And Little Sister thought the "little living room" looks bare without her. A smile would have been nice.

I must admit I have not done any shopping for clothing or "things" for him yet. I work better under pressure, I'll wait till we are ready to travel :^)


Last but not least  HAPPY BIRTHDAY Liang! He is 10 today.
I really wanted to be DCT by his birthday, but....

5 comments:

  1. I think every picture is perfect!! You look like a story-book family where joy is plentiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pictures are great, but it is your warmth and sense of humor he will truly appreciate. Happy birthday Liang!

    ReplyDelete
  3. and don't forget, you have the BEST driveway for riding bike!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the pictures!!! Thanks for sharing with us!!! Adore your house!! Your oldest son looks as sweet as can be with the girls!!! I haven't bought Gio any clothes either yet. Don't have any current measurements on him last ones were in Oct 2008. I am sure he is going to tower over Bryson.

    Thanks again for sharing. Now I know who I have been emailing for over a year or paypaling to for cute purses!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy 10th! Wow, I hadn't thought about trying to explain yourselves to your newest child, who is old enough to understand. It does sound scary. You'll all do great!

    ReplyDelete