Wednesday, February 24, 2010

State Seals

Yesterday, the temperatures were warmer than initially predicted and we had rain, not snow Yaaay! My sister-in-law and I drove to the state capitol with the aid of Wilbur (Big Brother's GPS). His British accent did not lead us astray.
We had $2 worth of quarters and it gave us a 40 minutes of parking. I was sure we would have to come back and feed the meter another hunk of quarters, ah well.

Walked into the office to be met by a friendly clerk who immediately guessed our reason for coming. Told us to take a seat. We didn't even get to leaf through a whole magazine and they called my name. They were finished, wish I could charge $195 for 10 minutes! (most of those jobs aren't actually legal).

We were out of the city before the time ran out in the parking meter. We did a little retail therapy before heading home. Just fabric store and Salvation Army thrift shop, but I've not been shopping much this winter.


After parent teacher conferences, where the teachers described children who do not live in our house, I arranged all those precious documents and their copies on the table to make sure I have 5 copies of everything. No, I don't think I need 5 copies, but you never know :^)


Mailed the 13 documents off to Legal-eaze this morning, they have a nice fee for processing, but I hear they are good. We could not decide if we wanted to save the $195 and wait 15-20 business days for our documents to be returned or pay someone to carry them to the consulate and have them back in decent time. After doing some praying about it DH decided we should do all in our power to keep these documents moving.

We are hoping to be DTC in the next 2 weeks!

1 comment:

  1. Yay!! I'm so glad you got all that done so easily and quickly! A little pricey though...perhaps you and I could brainstorm and come up with a business where we could make $195 every ten minutes! Let's work on that, OK?!

    ReplyDelete