Thursday, September 9, 2010

We are now a family of 8!






Hello!
God is good! I am officially amazed at the goodness of God!  Guess I should know by now!
This morning we were off at 7AM drove about 40 minutes to the orphanage. Did some paperwork, then suddenly I looked up and there was Liang! He smiled a little tentatively. We gave him his backpack with cars and a motorcycle, after he looked at his stuff. He showed me a small flashlight clutched in his hand it was the flashlight that I had sent with the Newsomes about 5 weeks ago. It looked scuffed and it was used....
After he looked t his stuff, he asked if the stuff was his and if he was allowed to give something as a gift to one of his friends that is still at the orphanage?
He picked out the motorcycle....it was a small yellow one from Walmart, it had a button on the back that lit lights and also made engine noises...I hope walmart still has one when we get home because I really think he picked out the thing he liked best.

They told us they talked to him quite a bit about adoption before today, because a few children from his class have been adopted lately.

We went to KFC for lunch, he picked that over Mc Donalds or a dumpling restaurant.
We had ice cream cones afterward...
It's amazing how well the translator gadget works for us...and the bits of Mandarin that we learned before we came.

He seems to have no problem sharing as he shared his smarties that the girls gave him...made sure mama had a seat... denies that his feet hurt him, he has the prosthetics yet...have not gotten a good look at them yet.

My mind and heart are full....oh, we also have another person in the family that gets car sick....he didn't actually, but warned us that he might, so we sat him in the front w/ a barf bag....

BTW I am unable to read my comments at this time because of our server's great firewall, not china's So if you have comments you can e-mail me direct at  raychris@emypeple.net

1 comment:

  1. KFC seems to be so much more popular than other fast food places, isn't that strange?

    What a gorgeous family and what a heart!!!!

    ReplyDelete